عنوان مقاله [English]
Investigating the relationship between commitment to religious values and academic burnout of first secondary students in Dashtestan city
Zahra Vahdani: MA of Department of Educational Science, Boushehr Branch, Islamic Azad University, Boushehr, Iran.
Falaknaz Atashi*: Assistant Professor, Department of Educational Science, Boushehr Branch, Islamic Azad University, Boushehr, Iran.
Introduction: The aim of the present study was to investigate the relationship between commitment to religious values and academic burnout of the first secondary level students of Dashtestan city.
Materials and methods: The research method used in this research is descriptive correlation type. The statistical population of this research included 5390 students of the first secondary level of Dashtestan city in the academic year of 1402-1401. In this research, using Cochran's sample size estimation formula with a statistical population size of 5390 people at a confidence level of 95% with a probability of error of 5%, the sample size was calculated as 358 people. There are different methods for selecting the sample, and in this research, due to the size and dispersion of the statistical population, the multi-stage cluster sampling method was used. For this purpose, first, 4 schools were randomly selected from among the first secondary schools of Dashtestan city, then a certain number of students were randomly selected from each school and from different grades, and after full explanations, the questionnaire was given to them to complete. it placed.
Results and discussion: The results of the research showed that there is a negative and significant relationship between commitment to religious values and academic burnout of students, meaning that the lower the commitment to religious values of students, the higher their academic burnout and vice versa.
Examining and explaining the above hypothesis shows that the commitment to religious values practically as a value system directs and targets human movements and leads to psychological and human elevation and evolution. Adhering to religious values as a value system unifies students' lives. The highest value system that gives unity to man is the religious value system. This value system touches all aspects of students' lives and includes everything that ultimately prepares the necessary ground for a healthy personality and life. The more students have religious values and are bound to perform religious acts, the more suitable they will be for academic enthusiasm and academic burnout, and these beliefs, in the event of mental problems such as depression, will improve the individual. It can play a significant role. Commitment to religious belief is a firm belief in religion in the practice of its obligations in all dimensions of rulings, beliefs and ethics, except perhaps people who have a religious appearance but do not know anything about the truths of religion, so familiarity with social factors affecting adherence It is effective to religious values and how to cultivate them to realize students' adherence to religious values. Committed students, having commitment and sense of responsibility, perform their duties in the best way and make the educational system efficient and effective. Paying attention to students' problems and improving their personal and social dignity will improve the quality of education. The results of reducing the personal and social prestige and dignity of students in schools cause a decrease in the academic status and as a result lead to a decrease in academic enthusiasm and a threat to the education and upbringing of the future generation, therefore, creating suitable opportunities to achieve the real dignity and dignity of students. It is one of the cases that should be the primary concern of officials and official planners in the field of education. Commitment to religious feelings is one of the other important indicators that plays an important role among students. Commitment to religious emotions refers to a set of worldviews and ideologies, the use of which can determine a person's way of life. Undoubtedly, commitment to religious emotions strengthens and prepares a person against the onslaught of anxiety, doubt and despair. The value of every religious person depends on the level of development of his awareness and insight and knowledge, and as long as the fundamental knowledge of religion is not formed, it cannot play a decisive role in the growing life of a person, and this is reason, reasoning and insight. which determines the value and manner of religious emotions and feelings, gives meaning and meaning to it, and makes it grow and deepen. Academic burnout can have a destructive effect on students' personal and academic lives. On the other hand, academic burnout is one of the problems of the educational system at all levels of education, which causes a waste of human resources and expenses. In addition to the negative effects that burnout has during education, it also has other long-term effects. Students who experience burnout during their studies will be less proficient in tasks in the future, use the results of research conducted in the field of education less, and tend to They have a higher dropout rate, so learning how to prevent and manage it will help you stay fit for the rest of your life. Undoubtedly, managers and teachers are more effective than any other factor in reducing students' academic burnout and all-round development of students' personality. On the other hand, academic burnout is a form of physical and mental fatigue and usually students who have a high level of stress have experienced it. Academic burnout in educational situations is defined as a feeling of fatigue due to the demands and requirements of education, having a pessimistic and uninterested feeling towards course materials and assignments, and a feeling of poor personal progress in academic and academic affairs, and it is one of the factors affecting the reduction of Motivation and academic progress of students. Therefore, in the discussion of research proposals, it should be stated that it is very necessary to inform schools of the results of this research and the necessity of planning in the field of improving academic burnout among students. In the structure of schools, paying attention to the commitment to religious values should be placed at the top of the work of managers and teachers, so that the level of academic burnout of students can be improved accordingly.
Conclusion: The general conclusion of the research showed that by strengthening the commitment to religious values among students, it is possible to improve their academic burnout in schools.
Keywords: Commitment to religious values, academic burnout, students.